Sunday, March 4, 2018

February Recap

WHAT I READ

Rosemarked (Rosemarked, #1) by Livia Blackburne
Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur
Three Sides of a Heart: Stories about Love Triangles by various authors
The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli
Sightwitch (Witchlands, #0.5) by Susan Dennard
• Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1) by Rachel Caine & Ann Aguirre
• The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
These Vengeful Souls (These Vicious Masks, #3) by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas

9 books. That's pretty good, especially considering that I read basically all of these in the second half of the month, since I was writing exams in the first half. I'm happy, anyway.


PLAYLIST

1.) HIGH HOPES by YOURS TRULY
“I’ve been up and I’ve been down / And I was kinda hoping  / You could be my hero / Well I’ve had high hopes up till now  / And I was kinda hoping / You could be my hero.”
2.) BURN by TOO CLOSE TO TOUCH
“Deep as the thoughts you left in me / I never meant to keep them in my head / I’m just the way you know you left me / Looking at the hands that kept me fed.”
3.) HEARTLESS by MADISON BEER
“And I never learn / So maybe it's my fault / I always love / I love you too hard / So next time / I should use my heart less.”
4.) FORGIVE AND FORGET by A DAY TO REMEMBER
“I always bend when it comes to you / I think you'll change but you never do / I enable you / Let me down like only you know how / Shut me out, forgive and forget.”
5.) PLACEBO by THE NEW AGE
“Sitting alone in a room with the doors barred / Hoping that the kids don't see what are now scars / Thanks darkness you taught him so much / But you couldn't make him heartless.”
6.) WITHOUT YOU by DON VEDDA
“There's not one single day  / That your name fades away / From my mind / And when you look at me / You still make my heart beat / Out of time.”
7.) THE PACT by SLAVES
“The toll it's taking on my chest now / Bridges burning, chances let down / There's still things that I regret now / Build up this resentment.”
8.) DEADLY CONVERSATIONS by SLAVES
“I don't want to see you with someone else / I'm not waiting on the shelf / It's now or never and nothing else / What's the point of reaching out?”
9.) LET THIS HAUNT YOU by SLAVES
“I thought we could put it all to rest / Let the past go but I can't forget / Tell me all the reasons you treat me this way / When you're feeling low to make yourself okay.”
10.) I KNOW A LOT OF ARTISTS by SLAVES
“You used to tell me everyday / "You know exactly how I get" / That's right, I know how you get / That's why I'm walking away.”
11.) PATIENCE IS THE VIRTUE by SLAVES
“Everytime I see the gold, I froze / Best cards in the fucking deck but I fold / It's like I’m stuck in a place that I can’t call home / And I ain't circling the block no more.”
12.) 3.17.16 by SECRETS
“Remembering your past / You left this life too fast / I never said goodbye / Now I'm stuck with your ghost / All that's left is your ghost.”
13.) STRANGERS by SECRETS
“We're not meant to be / I'm no good for you and you're worse for me / But we're both too scared to leave / We're not meant to be / We always fix it up just to fuck it up / Resent, repent, repeat.”
14.) THE END by SECRETS
'Cause you know the hole inside / And you fill it up just right / But poison daggers fill me up, keep me down / And I've wasted so much time / 'Cause you gave me nothing.
15.) CHEMICAL REACTION by SECRETS
You cut into me / And showed me that my heart still beats / You turned me inside out / Shook the bad parts out / Shone a light on the shadows.
16.) LAST TIME by SECRETS
So give me peace or I'll become / The dying proof of what you've done / 'Cause there's no room here for your secrets / Let's pack it up.
17.) FOURTEEN by SECRETS
I never knew that hearts could shatter just like broken glass / Till you proved to me that love is fragile, cracked yours in half / I just hope there's hope for me to stay home.
18.) I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY (WHO LOVES ME) by FALL OUT BOY
I've been in love and lost my senses / Spinning through the town / Sooner or later the fever ends / And I wind up feeling down.
19.) WANT YOU BACK by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
Can’t help but wondering / If this is the last time that I’ll see your face / Is it tears or just the fucking rain / Wish I could say something.


As you can see, there was a lot of fantastic new music this month, I was pretty overwhelmed and didn't even know what to listen to, there was so much. 


CINEMATOGRAPHY

So I basically binge-watched both seasons of One Day at a Time in a few days, and like, I need more?? Stat? This show is so, so good and it's definitely up there now with my favorite shows of all time. Please watch this amazing show, its only fault is that it makes me cry constantly even though it's supposed to be a comedy show.
Of course, it's no surprise that I'm currently really enjoying the new Jane the Virgin episodes. Jafael is officially back! Like, I definitely didn't love how the writers did it in the end, but I'm not complaining about the results.
I finally finished Netflix' DARK. It was so slow in the beginning and it took a while to really get rolling, but those last 5 episodes really hit hard. Once I got to that point, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning just to finish because it was just that intense and gripping. Definitely recommended, you just need to push through those snail paced first three to four episodes.
Of course, I went back to Riverdale like the sorry little trash can that I am. It's still going great for Archieronnie after all, sooooo... I guess I'm sticking it out for a short while longer. Also, #Choni.
Lastly, I finally started watching Black Lightning as soon as I finished all my exams, and it's as great as you would expect. Y'all need to hop on this ASAP.

As for movies, I actually watched one this month! It was Lady Bird, which I enjoyed immensely. Saoirse Ronan will always be one of my favorite actresses, she is so stupidly talented and the movie was just... really good.


MARCH TBR

• Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi

There's really not much else, new releases-wise, that really captures my interest for March, so we'll see what else manages to grab my attention. I might just use the extra time to catch up on all the Fall and Winter releases that I haven't managed to get to yet. Then again, I also have to start studying again next month, soooo ... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment