Wednesday, February 7, 2018

January Recap

WHAT I READ

The Young Queens (Three Dark Crowns, #0.5) by Kendare Blake
Everless (Everless, #1) by Sara Holland
The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black
Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1) by Maureen Johnson

5 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) FACE TO FACE by THE WORD ALIVE
“I just wanted you to know my name / I just wanted you to feel the shame / See you face to face / And look me in the eyes / Can you see your lies?”
2.) DISAPPEAR by TONIGHT ALIVE (ft. LYNN GUNN)
“Wading’s not enough / It’s more than just dipping your feet in / Dive in if you want / But I’ll be jumping off in the deep end.”
3.) A DIFFERENT WAY by DJ SNAKE & LAUV
“I know that love is so unforgiving / You've been a victim too many times / And I'll be the friend, hold you together / I'll be forever, will you be mine?”
4.) BAD by HEAVY EYES
“I never wanted you back / But I just can't stand to see you with anyone else / Well, if you wanted me bad / I've already been bad / But I just can't feel the same way with anyone else.”
5.) WILSON (EXPENSIVE MISTAKES) by FALL OUT BOY
“Woke up on the wrong side of the paradise / So when I say I’m sorry I’m late / I wasn’t showing up at all / I really mean I didn’t plan on showing up at all.”
6.) STAY FROSTY ROYAL MILK TEA by FALL OUT BOY
“Some princes don't become kings / Even at the best of times I'm out of my mind / You only get what you grieve.”
7.) SUNSHINE RIPTIDE by FALL OUT BOY
“The world tried to burn all the mercy out of me / But you know I wouldn't let it / It tried to teach me the hard way / I can't forget it.”
8.) CHURCH by FALL OUT BOY
“And if death is the last appointment / Then we're all just sitting in the waiting room / I am just a human trying to avoid my certain doom.”
9.) BACK TO ME by OF MICE & MEN
“Every part of me / Catches on fire underneath / When I ignite, you'll see / Maybe I can light the way / I can light the way back to me / Back to me.”
10.) ON THE INSIDE by OF MICE & MEN
“Hope is all we used to know / When reaping what we sow / I try to find the harvest in the famine.”
11.) MAKE IT OUT by SIAMESE
“Cause we fall out, breaking down / Everyone can see it now / Through it all, everything / I can't believe when I hear you say / I'll make it out.”

Fall Out Boy's and Of Mice & Men's new albums were soooo good. It was a REALLY good month for discovering new music.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Marvel's Runaways kicking off twentygayteen the right way! Heck yea! I cannot wait for more of this show, I'm definitely hooked.
The Gifted was also great, the finale was explosive (quite literally) and I am, of course, also eagerly awaiting season 2.
I started watching a few episodes of DARK, but I haven't gotten too far in yet, unfortunately. So I'm holding out judgement for now, but I've heard that it gets much more interesting further in.

No February TBR. It's exam season, so I'll be lucky if I can read just one book, any book.

No comments:

Post a Comment