Tuesday, August 1, 2017

July Recap

WHAT I READ

• The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
• The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
Blue Lily Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
• The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5) by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Because You Love to Hate Me by various authors
Addicted for Now (Addicted, #2) by Krista & Becca Ritchie

8 books. Yay.


PLAYLIST

1.) STITCHES by STATE CHAMPS
“Got a feeling that I'm going under / But I know that I'll make it out alive / If I quit calling you my lover / Move on.”
2.) HALF by PVRIS
“Never wanted to be here now / One foot in the grave, other on the ground / I can’t process what I’m feeling now / This skin I can do without.”
3.) DON'T WANT IT BACK by SABRINA CARPENTER
“This moment can't be washed away / A part of you is a part of me / This love we have will never end / We're circles, we begin again / I know, I know / Baby, I'm home.”
4.) LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST by LINKIN PARK
“When my time comes / Forget the wrong that I've done / Help me leave behind some / Reasons to be missed / Keep me in your memory / Leave out all the rest.”
5.) WAKE UP CALL by NOTHING BUT THIEVES
“These hearts are wireless / This ain't no crowd control / These thoughts are violent / They murder rock and roll / Slow down, fade out / That's not how I wanna go.”
6.) HONEY WHISKEY by NOTHING BUT THIEVES
“Black-hearted angels sunk me / With kisses on my mouth / There's poison in this water / The words are falling out.”
7.) 23 by CHASE ATLANTIC
“Another one down, I'm pushing my luck / The future's never looked so bright, it's blinding me / It's hard to see, I'm swimming through dopamine.”
8.) DRUGS & MONEY by CHASE ATLANTIC
“I think I'm God and some other shit / You know how I get when I'm in my head / Pink shadows in the basement.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Honestly, I am loving Shadowhunters so much currently. It's such a good show, really, and I'm so on board with all the changes they have made from the book. It's getting better and better with each episode.
I have to say, I was disappointed with the newest plot twist on Wynonna Earp... you know the one. It's still a fun show and all, but I don't like those types of storylines so I'm still a bit iffy on it all.
Still Star-Crossed is everything tbh, and I am so sad that it already got cancelled. Why?! Why is the world such a cruel place.
Moreover, I started catching up on Reign as well as Game of Thrones, the latter of which I am now all caught up with and back to watching weekly. The former, I accidentally spoiled myself and didn't like the new plot lines going forward, so my motivation has diminished a little, but I still plan on getting back into it more.
Lastly, and the most important: I finally watched Wonder Woman! Dare I say it ... it was truly life-changing. It so deserved all the hype it's getting. SOSOSOSOSO GOOD.

AUGUST TBR

• Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo

Sadly, there's not that many books I'm looking forward to releasing this month, so we'll see what I'll fall back on from my TBR. It's probable I might continue on more with the Addicted series... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment