Monday, June 5, 2017

May Recap

WHAT I READ

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All The Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2) by Evelyn Skye
Seeker (Riders, #2) by Veronica Rossi
Royce Rolls by Margaret Stohl
A Thousand Nights (A Thousand Nights, #1) by E.K. Johnston

6 books.


PLAYLIST

1.) HEAVEN by PVRIS
“I think we were cursed from the start / Second I let you into my heart / Do you think we were speaking in tongues / Or simply not enough?”
2.) HURRY UP AND WAIT by STATE CHAMPS
“I wish that I could say the right things a better way / But you never have time for apologies / So what's it gonna take to show you that I can change? / 'Cause right now I swear I'm not the enemy.”
3.) EYES CLOSED by HALSEY
“Now if I keep my eyes closed, he looks just like you / But he'll never stay, they never do / Now if I keep my eyes closed, he feels just like you / But you've been replaced.”
4.) DEEPER by SVRCINA
“I've only got just one soul you know / Standing in the flood zone / And I would let you take me home.”
5.) CHURCH by CHASE ATLANTIC
“And I'll keep leading you on / If you keep leading me into your room / The drinks are all gone / But that's fine, baby, so am I.”
6.) SOMETHING IN ME, SOMETHING IN YOU by GEMINI
“Resurrect the nights we stayed up / With nothing more than chaos on our minds / Promise me you'll find your way out / There's something in me, there's something in you.”
7.) NICE2KNOU by ALL TIME LOW
“We always say that we'll keep in touch / Nobody does, but it don't matter much / One last call at the corner store / Nights on ice, if we don't score.”
8.) STRANGERS by HALSEY feat. LAUREN JAUREGUI
“We're not lovers, we're just strangers / With the same damn hunger / To be touched, to be loved, to feel anything at all.”


CINEMATOGRAPHY

The 100, what have you done to me?! I went through some ups and downs with the last 3-4 episodes, but that season finale .... duuuuude. I'm still processing, tbh.
And honestly, at this point I'm just too invested in Riverdale to drop it already... which is the only reason why I'm even sticking around. As soon as Archieronnie are over I will be gone, goodbye.
Jane the Virgin has been feeding me so, so well... I can't believe I got this lucky, I really didn't think they'd be giving us this much (and this good) of Jafael already but ... here we are.... I'm ready, bruh.
Then there's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which also came to a close this month... That's five shows. Dang. Anyway, I thought the finale was a bit underwhelming tbqh, and I'm so mad that we have to wait so long to know what happens next just because of this stupid royal Inhumans show that nobody cares about anyway. However, I am really excited to see in what ridiculous capacity the writers will bring back Brett in season 5 so he can single-handedly save the show again.
The fifth show that ended this month was Brooklyn Nine-Nine by the way, and, as expected, I loved every second of it. Honestly the only show that treats me right, god bless. So happy it was renewed as well.
I also watched Dear White People when I went home for the weekend, and it was sooooo good, let me tell you. Y'all need to get on this, stat.
Then, I started watching The Secret Circle as well as Quantico, but I'm not quite caught up yet. Honestly, Shelley Hennig is the only reason I'm watching the former and Priyanka Chopra the latter. And so far, I'm not blown away yet. Obviously, TSC is far, far worse than Quantico and I'm not sure I'll ever finish that (I definitely do want to get caught up on Quantico, though), but we'll see.
Next up, I started watching American Gods because I gotta support my mans Ricky Whittle. Honestly, I still have absolutely no fucking idea what this show is even about, but it's funny and weird and I'm ... kinda into it? Still trying to make up my mind...
Pretty Little Liars has also been going on on the side, but eh. Apparently Ashley Benson spoiled in an interview that Spoby aren't going to be endgame which is when I lost all interest in this show tbh.

Looking at this segment, on top of all the countless fanfics I read this month, it's really not that hard to see why I only read six books...


JUNE TBR

• Our Dark Duet (This Savage Song, #2) by Victoria Schwab
• Now I Rise (Conqueror's Saga, #2) by Kiersten White

How can it be June already?! That's so crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment