Friday, June 30, 2017

June Recap

WHAT I READ

Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare
Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill
Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Rees Brennan & Robin Wasserman
The Seafarer's Kiss by Julia Ember
Our Dark Duet (This Savage Song, #2) by Victoria Schwab
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson
Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renée Ahdieh
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone, #1) by Leigh Bardugo (re-read)
Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone, #2) by Leigh Bardugo (re-read)
Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone, #3) by Leigh Bardugo (re-read)
How To Make A Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
Now I Rise (Conqueror's Saga, #2) by Kiersten White

16 books. I AM VERY, VERY HAPPY. I don't know what it was, but I just had so much fun reading this much again and I loved it.


PLAYLIST

1.) VAMPIRE SHIFT by ALL TIME LOW
“Is it wrong to be out here wasting away / On a vampire shift like I'm hiding from daylight / Oh, Mr. Sandman, please don't come around / I don't wanna sleep 'til I'm six feet underground.”
2.) AFTERGLOW by ALL TIME LOW
“Oh, just take it easy / Hold onto this feeling / All our friends are leaving / And we ain't got nowhere to go / Caught up in the afterglow.”
3.) NIGHTMARES by ALL TIME LOW
“Never did I think I'd be coming back around / Digging up old memories / Always used to be the one to let it go / Kept my fears in a suitcase / I locked them away.”
4.) 100 LETTERS by HALSEY
“But I don't let him touch me anymore / 'Cause I have spent too many nights on dirty bathroom floors / To find some peace and quiet right behind a wooden door.”
5.) ALONE by HALSEY
“I know you're dying to meet me / But I can just tell you this / Baby, as soon as you meet me / You'll wish that you never did.
6.) BAD AT LOVE by HALSEY
“Got a girl with California eyes / And I thought that she could really be the one this time / But I never got the chance to make her mine / Because she fell in love with little thin white lines.”
7.) WHAT'S WRONG by PVRIS
“Take the mirror from the wall so I can’t see myself at all / Don’t wanna see another damn inch of my skull / Forget the poems of saints and ghosts / I’m the one I fear the most.”
8.) CHAMPION by FALL OUT BOY
“I've got nothing but dreams inside / I'm just young enough to still believe / But young enough to not know what to believe in.”
9.) ATTENTION by CHARLIE PUTH
“I know that dress is karma, perfume regret / You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine / And now I'm all up on you, what you expect? / But you're not coming home with me tonight.”
10.) THE OTHER SIDE by RUELLE
“I don't want to know who we are without each other / It's just too hard / I don't want to leave here without you / I don't want to lose part of me.”

Last Young Renegade and Hopeless Fountain Kingdom were lit, yo. Loved them both and then Fall Out Boy also comes out with this epic new song that healed all my wounds from Young and Menace and actually made me really hype for their new album. Same with PVRIS! This month was a true blessing in terms of new music, thank you @God or whatever higher power that there is.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I am so absolutely loving the new Shadowhunters episodes so far. Seriously, this show is just getting better and better with each new episode and I think it's extremely awesome that they're also not afraid to deviate from the books and explore new dynamics and relationships we haven't really seen before. I'm so pumped for the new ep every week.
Since it's Pride Month and its cancellation finally nailed the final coffin, I finally started watching Sense8. I have procrastinated watching this for ages now and I really hope that maybe they'll do a season 3 after all, because so far it's really good. I only finished season 1 yet, but I'm sure season 2 will be just as good, if not better.
Pretty Little Liars is over! Can you believe? I'm not too heartbroken since there's no nostalgia in it for me, seeing as I only started watching this show last summer and it's also not really one of my favorites or anything, but it's been ... real. We got fucked over with the finale but hey, what can you expect from Marlene King?
Then there's the second season of Wynonna Earp, which I am also very much enjoying. This show seriously has the best one-liners, no contest.
I didn't make much headway with Quantico this month, sadly. For a thriller series, it's not really reeling me in that well, not gonna lie. It's mainly because I don't care about any of the characters and their relationships except Alex (although I also don't really like her with Ryan, tbh) and only one character isn't enough to make me eagerly watch on, so I'm kind of taking my time with this.
Lastly, I started watching Still Star-Crossed. I was originally going to hold off until I read the book, but my curiosity won over and plus, I've heard the book isn't that great anyway.


JULY TBR

• The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3) by Maggie Hall
• Lucky in Love by Kasie West

No comments:

Post a Comment