Friday, September 30, 2016

September Recap


WHAT I READ

A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir
The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1) by Katharine McGee
Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
Diplomatic Immunity by Brodi Ashton

4 books. Uhmmm... I have nothing to say. It was kind of expected, but still a meager reaping. Oh well. I will also definitely try to write more reviews again starting from now.



PLAYLIST

1.) TAKE COVER by ALL TIME LOW
“There is hope for us yet / We can die like the heroes before us / Or live to be the wicked ones / The wicked ones we're running from.”
2.) REFORGET by LAUV
“I never thought a sunrise / Could burn more than a midnight without you / Already paying for tonight / Head spins like a carousel, over and over.”
3.) FEEL YOU by BLACKBEAR
“You don’t gotta open up / Tell me I’m the one / I just wanna keep it real with you / I just wanna feel you now.”
4.) POISON AND WINE by THE CIVIL WARS
“You think your dreams are the same as mine / I don't have a choice but I'd still choose you / I don't love you but I always will.”
5.) PERFECT by AFTRHR
“You look better when you're on your own / Head so buried down in your phone / Act too busy when you're all alone / You're way too perfect.”
6.) SO DIVINE by AFTRHR
“Let's fast forward / There's no point to rewind / It's all by design / Trace these outlines / Of this time of night, so paralyzed.”
7.) GHOSTS by LAURA WELSH
“And there's a sadness / Deep down in my soul / I can't lay these ghosts to rest / They're faceless, and headstrong / I got them staring back at me.”
8.) TOUGH LOVE by JESSIE WARE
“When your heart becomes a million different pieces / That's when you won't be able to recognize this feeling / That's called tough love.”
9.) UNTIL IT HURTS by FRANCISCA HALL
“Undress these beautiful lies / Blind me with animal eyes / Carve your heart into mine / Brush me with venomous lips / Tear me to passionate strips.”

This month was great because I learned that one of my favorite bands, There For Tomorrow, actually resurrected under the name AFTRHR (Afterhour). They only have two songs out as of right now, but honestly, I'm still so in love and can't wait for even more new music coming out soon. But all in all, this was a pretty good month music-wise, which I attribute mostly to the amazing soundtrack of PLL.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finished all of Pretty Little Liars and it was ... better than expected, I'd say. It's definitely not one of my favorite shows out there and quality-wise, if we're being honest here, it's not that good either... But it's very entertaining and that's all that matters. So, I'm excited for the final 10 episodes starting in April.  (I especially love Spoby btw.)
Other than that, I watched the first 15 episodes of Girl Meets World and it's pretty cute so far. I'll definitely finish season 1 and then we'll see.
I even watched some movies! First up is Don't Breathe and it wasn't half bad. It got a bit ridiculous towards the end, but other than that, I've seen worse horror flicks. Next, I watched If I Stay because I had some popcorn left over and it was on my Netflix homepage so I was like, why not. I am still salty that this book/movie is so romance-focused because the story just would have been so much more meaningful and beautiful if family and friends would have played a bigger role. I will admit that the movie put a lot more effort into showing that side of it than the book did, so I have to say that I kinda liked the movie better because of it.
Immediately after If I Stay, I also finally got around to watching The 5th Wave. It was ... very close to the book. Very close. Like, I literally can't find a single thing that wasn't from the book that happened in the movie. I think this is one of the most accurate adaptations I have ever seen in my life. I'm still not a huge fan of the whole Evan/Cassie thing and all, and obviously I already knew all of the plot twists, but it was still a lot of fun. I often find myself getting really bored with action movies, but I don't think that was the case here. At least, only once or twice. So I don't particularly get why it has such low ratings... probably because of the whole Evan thing.


OCTOBER TBR

• Replica by Lauren Oliver
• Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

... and basically I want to read every other book I didn't get to read in September. Which is a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment