Friday, July 29, 2016

July Recap

WHAT I READ

You Know Me Well by David Levithan & Nina LaCour
The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings, #1) by J. R. R. Tolkien
And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga, #1) by Kiersten White
Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton
Into the Dim (Into the Dim, #1) by Janet B. Taylor
These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks, #1) by Tarun Shanker & Kelly Zekas
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

7 books. Could have been more, but I'm pretty happy with that.



PLAYLIST

1.) SOMETHING NEW by SET IT OFF
“And if there’s one thing in my life / That I’ve been fighting day and night / Well it’s the fear of changing nothing.”
2.) DARLING by SAYWECANFLY
“I met you in London / Inside the walls of a hotel room / And we had some fun, yeah / Moving around until we could not move / Would you care for a drink, love?”
3.) GIRLS TALK BOYS by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“'Cause I've been talking to my friends / The way you take away my breath / It's something bigger than myself / It's something I don't understand  / I know we're young and people change.”
4.) BETTER WITH YOU by THIS WILD LIFE
“I'm better with you, you're better with me / I still miss all our nights / Even fights were all better with you / There is nobody else who can love me the way that you do.”

Yeah, my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify was basically shitty every week, unfortunately. And there wasn't a lot of new music releasing either. So, this month's musical yield was a bit meager.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I still haven't finished season 2 of Sleepy Hollow... I am horrible. I'm almost done, though. Next month I'll definitely be done.
And then I also watched like 3 or 4 episodes of an anime which has a title that's really long so I'm just gonna shorten it to Re:Zero, and I did so at a friend's recommendation. It was a bit confusing and kind of weird which is why I haven't continued on yet. I'm not sure I will, but we'll see.
(Also, lmao @ Eliza Taylor at Comic Con I am literally so done with her.)



AUGUST TBR

• A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir
• The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson

Again, August is a bit of a slow month in terms of new releases I really want to read as well... I think September is going to be better again (I know October definitely is), so yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment