Friday, April 1, 2016

March Recap


WHAT I READ


A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
Map of Fates (Conspiracy of Us, #2) by Maggie Hall
The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu
A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann
See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2) by Ally Carter
Broken Crowns (Internment Chronicles, #3) by Lauren DeStefano
• Untamed (Splintered, #3.5) by A.G. Howard
Calamity (Reckoners, #3) by Brandon Sanderson
The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine

10 books! I'm pleased with that. I'm very satisfied, actually. Since I have finally graduated and am now free to do as I please, I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up with that and read as much as I can in my free time.



PLAYLIST

1.) WHITE BLOOD by OH WONDER
“Said you'd always be my white blood / Elevate my soul above / Giving me your white blood / I need you right here with me.”
2.) I FOUND by AMBER RUN
“I'll use you as a focal point / So I don't lose sight of what I want / And I've moved further than I thought I could / But I missed you more than I thought I would”
3.) BE ALRIGHT by ARIANA GRANDE
“Baby, don't you know / All them tears gon' come and go / Baby, you just gotta make up your mind / That every little thing is gonna be alright.”
4.) WHAT I NEVER LEARNED IN STUDY HALL by ICE NINE KILLS (feat. TYLER CARTER)
“I'm more alive, I'm over being broken / Time has healed all wounds / I wish the scratches that you left on me / Were scars I left on you.”
5.) STAY EIGHTEEN by ALIVE IN STANDBY
“They all say that home's where the heart is / And I'd know 'cause I've tried my hardest / Just to see if I left it behind / But it was with me the whole time.”
6.) MACHINES by CROWN THE EMPIRE
“If all we are is just machines, then we must be the cogs / Inside the wheels of change / We must be more than just machines / We can't afford to hide.”
7.) THE REALEST by ISSUES
“Every single pointless conversation / Is breaking down the walls that kept the demons out / I try to find the signs that might reveal the secret to what we're missing.”
8.) TEXAS IS FOREVER by PIERCE THE VEIL
“If Texas is forever, where's your home sweet home? / If anything should happen to me I want you to know / I've loved you since ever since then.”

The highlight of the month was definitely, definitely Issues' new song and music video. Guys, I've been waiting ages for them drop new music, and while I loved the acoustic EP, I ached for something new. I just love this band so, so much. They're creative and one of a kind and incredibly talented and I love them, okay?
Pierce The Veil's new song was nice, too, but I don't think it was very ... new, you know? Like, it sounds exactly as they have always sounded and while that's not immediately a bad thing, I'd hoped that maybe they might change things up just a tiny bit for this new album, just like Issues' song is innovative and fresh. Oh well.



CINEMATOGRAPHY

Teen Wolf has ended and I gotta say, the finale was a bit underwhelming. Lots of what happened was extremely unnecessary (like, why did Lydia have to be brutalized yet again, only for her to be fine again after one shot given by Melissa? What did that contribute to the plot? Was it truly only to give the Stydias yet another meaningless moment of Stiles holding an unconscious, unconsenting Lydia's hand? Gross tbh), but all in all I'm still kinda sad that another season of it has passed. It's still my favorite TV show to date, I think, and I like to look forward to it every week. I am now awaiting its return for season six in the summer instead.
You know what, Shadowhunters is doing its own thing, it's starting to stray more and more from the book and not only with how it portrays its characters, but also with the plot. And I REALLY like it. The acting is getting better and better each week, the dialogue has found its flow as well, overall, I'm so loving it. And I'm really happy it's been renewed for season two!
Lastly, there's The 100 to talk about ... but I don't know what to say. There have been some huge mishaps during this season and the storytelling is very awkward and broken, yet I'm still watching it. Probably because I'm still hoping for season 4 Bellarke. #makeithappen

APRIL TBR

• The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
• The Untimely Deaths of Alex Wayfare (Alex Wayfare, #2) by M.G. Buehrlen

No comments:

Post a Comment