Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Recap

BOOKS I READ

Bluescreen (Mirador, #1) by Dan Wells
Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater (re-read)
The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
The 100 (The 100, #1) by Kass Morgan
Day 21 (The 100, #2) by Kass Morgan

9 books. I can't complain. Even if three of those were re-reads, it's a solid number of books to have read in a month. Yes, I probably could have read more, but whatever. I'm happy.


PLAYLIST

1.) COMA by ISSUES
“I wanna be all you think about / Anything and everything you dream about / As if I had it all figured out / I wanna be the one you can't breathe without.”
2.) LET ME LOVE YOU by ARIANA GRANDE (feat.  LIL WAYNE)
“You're the one I’m feeling as I'm laying on your chest / Good conversation got me holding my breath / And I don’t normally say this but goddamn you're the best.”
3.) EMPTY by PVRIS
“Some would say I'm possessed, yeah / But I confess that I've just been obsessed  / With life and death and emptiness, I guess / Can't you see all of the change in me?”
4.) HEART STOPS (BY THE WAY) by SECONDHAND SERENADE
“Life’s been pretty good these days / I’ve learned to live with your mistakes / I always knew what I wanted / All I wanted was you.”
5.) ONLY ONE by STORM THE SKY
“I see her face and don't feel anything. / I've been falling, child, but my head stays in the clouds / You see I'm leaving but I can't move / Only one I fear is you.”
6.) KRYPTONITE by RYMEZ (feat. JAMES ARTHUR)
“Villified and disgraced, I wish that I could change my face / Love is blind, I've lost my way, will the phoenix rise again? / Now that I've fallen, the demons keep calling.”
7.) VERITAS by KYLE LUCAS (feat. JONNY CRAIG)
“So change is the only thing that stays the same / Will I remain?  / And all the times I’ve given / Still never gave up the ship.”
8.) AM I PRETTY? by THE MAINE
“Am I pretty? / Do people like me yet? / Is there a party? / Am I invited? / It's such a pity / No one adores me yet / So make me up in a shade that fits me / Tell me love, am I pretty?”
9.) GREY HAVENS by HANDS LIKE HOUSES
“The art of balancing is lost on me / I don't know which way to fall into infinity / Will it feel like waking up  / Or falling back to dream? / And sleep forever on.”
10.) CIRCLES by PIERCE THE VEIL
“Paper hearts turned ash begin to fly / Over our heads I begin screaming / While the exit signs read, Heaven's waiting.”
11.) NOBODY AROUND by GJAN
“And we've been up and down from the sky to the ground / Ready for the fall without losing my crown / Wild and proud / We'll dance till the last heartbeat sounds.”

I am absolutely living for new Issues music, honestly. I cannot wait for the album to drop soon and I have a really good feeling that it is going to be even better than anything else Issues has delivered so far. But other than that, I discovered a lot of new music this month, which I'm happy about.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched the entire first season of The Shannara Chronicles in the span of two days and I can't tell you why I pushed through at all. I only finished it because I wanted to know how it ends, but I didn't really enjoy it that much. It was so full of filler and without substance that I was left wondering what the show is actually about. It all seemed so pointless in the end. Anyway, I probably won't be watching the second season should there be one. (This series does have an epic opening sequence though)
Shadowhunters' last episode was great, I loved the acting, the overall script/scenes, the way it all happened so much like the book(s). Seriously, this show, man. I didn't expect to end up loving it this much. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to season 2.
Oh man, The 100 is back, guys! The delinquents are all together and in motion and they're doing stuff. I REALLY didn't like the whole Polis arc and Clarke staying there the whole time, away from everyone she knows and I'm so glad she's back where she belongs and actually being proactive instead of making heart eyes at a certain someone. Even better, she's now making heart eyes at Bellamy, which I am so here for. Bellarke for season four, that's all I need. (well obviously after Clarke (and Bellamy too, to be honest) had enough time to grieve for their lovers but yeah. After that? Yes please.)
And then, finally, I also watched the first season of Sleepy Hollow, and I gotta say, I am currently really in love with this show. The plot is interesting and sort of unique, the actors do a great job and the dynamics are simply great. It has everything I could ask for in a good TV show. Very excited to start with season 2.

As for movies, I watched Inside Out! It was really, really cute and I loved it. Aaand yeah that's pretty much it.

MAY TBR

• The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass

Don't even start. I don't know why but I'm actually kind of looking forward to reading that in a sick and twisted way. But yeah, there aren't that many new books being released in May that I'm super looking forward to, so I'll probably just read some books that have been sitting on my shelf for ages at my leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment