Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Totally Should've TAG

Okay, so I saw Kat's video and I really liked this Tag, so I thought I'd do it too, especially since I seriously have not done a single Tag video, or anything other than reviews basically, since forever. And I think it's about time I do things like these again. So here we go.

1. Totally should've gotten a sequel













Definitely The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. I absolutely LOVED this book, it's one of my favorites and has been since it's been released, and yet even with the kind of cliffhanger-y ending, there was never a sequel, unfortunately. However, I would like to have one.

2. Totally should've had a spin off series













I had to think about this a lot, but in the end, I think I'll go with the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. First, I adore Laini Taylor's writing, especially in this series because it fits the atmosphere and world so well, and second, I simply loved the world building and I would like to explore it some more, even if it's with different characters than the ones I've grown to love.

3. An author who totally should write more books













Are you kidding me? Definitely Erin Morgenstern. Not only does she have an extremely cool name, but she also wrote such a beautiful and emotional and touching story, only to then completely disappear from the public and never write another book ever. As far as I know, there is a new book she's planning to write but there's no real information about it out there yet. I'm very excited though!

4. A character who totally should've ended up with someone else













I literally have an endless supply of books to choose for this one, because somehow, I always end up rooting for the character who doesn't end up with whom I want them to. It's like a curse. But, I think, the one that's bothered me the most, and still continues to bother me, is this couple. The ending was kind of really bland and if the main character had ended up with the other option, then it definitely would have been very exciting and interesting. Alas.

5. Totally should've ended differently













I'm kind of going with the whole novel here, because the entire thing just should have been completely different, seriously. I really enjoyed the first two novels and then this third book's plot didn't even have to do anything with the plot of the first two. Why? How?! Reborn was a mess.

6. Totally should've had a movie franchise













This is so universally awesome that it truly appeals to everyone, or would appeal to everyone, if they all knew about it. Plus, it has such a vivid and memorable story and cast that I think it would make a really good movie, it's very adaptable.

7. Totally should've had a TV show













!!!!!! Definitely. This wouldn't do as a movie, if it was adapted to screen, it would have to be a TV show and it would be awesome. I'd love for my favorite book series to be on my screen every week.

8. Totally should've had only one point of view













This book was just ... extremely confusing and all tangled up.

9. Totally should have a cover change













The whole series, plus its spin-offs, too. It looks like my first attempts with different abstract brushes in Photoshop with a simple stock image put under it. Two cliché sins in one! Aahh! I do love the font, though.

10. Totally should've kept the original covers

Uhmmmm ... yeah. I mean, it was also a cliché of stock image girl in a dress, but at least it was really stunning and kind of unique, but the new one just sucks because not only does it show an actual face and take away imagination about the heroine's appearance, it also looks like a total rip-off of the Throne of Glass cover. (Also, that girl totally looks like Emma Swan, no?)







11. Totally should've stopped at book one













I could have picked some other books as well, but this one really sort of hurts. You see, I loved this first book, it was epic and amazing and unique and so cool! And the second one wasn't even that bad, you could definitely see that it was headed in a wrong direction but still. However, then came the third one and it was just ... not good. I wish it either had ended up differently, or that it would have just stopped at book 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment