Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Recap


WHAT I READ

Queen Song (Red Queen, #0.1) by Victoria Aveyard
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard
Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard
The Impostor Queen (The Impostor Queen, #1) by Sarah Fine
The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May
The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May
The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray
Reign of Shadows (Reign of Shadows, #1) by Sophie Jordan

9 books, plus one novella. Which really isn't too bad if I do say so myself, especially seeing as I read the majority of those nine books during the last 10 days of January, as I was pretty much constantly studying for my final exams the days before then. 



PLAYLIST

1.) THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE DIRTY by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“If you wanna start a fight / You better throw the first punch / Make it a good one / And if you wanna make it through the night / You better say my name like.”
2.) HOUSE OF MEMORIES by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“If you're a lover, you should know / The lonely moments just get lonelier / The longer you're in love / Than if you were alone / Memories turn into daydreams / Become a taboo.”
3.) I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU by TORI KELLY (feat. ED SHEERAN)
“I was made for loving you / Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through / Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do / All I know is, I was made for loving you.”
4.) INDIGO PUFF (LAYLA REWORK) by SUNDARA KARMA
“You're the one, you're the one, you're the one / In my heart, in my bones and in my soul / You're the one that keeps me on my own.”

Panic! At The Disco's new album came out this month! And I have to say, it's so, so good. I was a bit iffy about it at first, since I didn't really like the last one that much, but pretty soon I realized that this was going to be another P!ATD album just right for me. Go listen to it, it's well worth it. Other than that, not that much new music this month...



CINEMATOGRAPHY

New season of Teen Wolf! So far, it's rocking. I didn't like the second episode that aired, because it seemed like such a filler, but as of now, it seems to head in a pretty solid direction. 
Also, Shadowhunters, y'all. I actually like it a lot, I like the changes they made, the acting is nice and overall, it's just unexpectedly good. I know a lot of people have some qualms about it, but I am really enjoying it! It is simply entertaining and that's all I could ever ask for from a good TV show.
Season 3 of The 100 also aired, and so far, it's okay, I guess. Truthfully, I haven't been that interested in it, at least not yet, but we'll see. Hopefully it'll get better. 

FEBRUARY TBR

• A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic, #2) by Victoria Schwab
• Riders (Riders, #1) by Veronica Rossi

No comments:

Post a Comment