Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November Recap

WHAT I READ

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
• All In (The Naturals, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
Winter (Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

4 books total. Which ... really isn't that much if you think about it, but then again, Winter was 800 pages, so basically the length of two books! I guess I definitely could have read more, although I really didn't have a lot of reading time on the weekends because of relationship stuff and on the week days I mostly had to study for my exams. Tough luck. Maybe next month will be better. (probably not, I'm still writing four more exams)



PLAYLIST

1.) CASSIOPEIA by DEAF HAVANA
“I’ve got a fire and it burns in me / It takes me back to the very day I was with you there / I’ve got a fire and it burns in me / I knew back then it was clear to see that I was running scared.”
2.) LEFT BEHIND by SECRETS
“I'm sick and tired of all the liars / They're telling me that life gets better / If I'd just pull myself together.”
3.) THE FEELING by JUSTIN BIEBER (feat. HALSEY)
“Sometimes the heart is deceiving / Can't get out of my head, I need you to save me / If I am delusional then maybe I'm crazy / In love with you, am I in love with you?”
4.) GUNS AND ROSES by BOHNES
“I’ve always pulled the petals off of flowers / And I've always liked to do some porcelain / Yeah, I’m not one for sun, prefer the showers / Yeah, it would be a sin not to sin.”
5.) ON MY MIND by ELLIE GOULDING
“You don't mess with love, you mess with the truth / And I know I shouldn't say it / But my heart don't understand / Why I got you on my mind.”
6.) LA DEVOTEE by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“You got two black eyes from loving too hard / And a black car that matches your blackest soul / I wouldn't change you / Wouldn't ever try to make you leave.”

Bring Me The Horizon was this month! The show, I mean. And it was quite nice, I really enjoyed the music and they are awesome at what they do; the only thing I could possibly criticize was the fact that it was very aggressive sometimes, especially during Happy Song, which kind of put a damper on it all, 'cause I can't really enjoy the show if I have to fear being stomped on by the crowd every few songs. But the highlight was definitely PVRIS, who were absolutely amazing. I already had no voice left by the time the two support acts were finished (the other being Beartooth, who were great as well). Anyway, I was there mainly to see PVRIS actually, who are one of my favorite bands of all time, and they didn't disappoint at all. I really hope to see them again someday! 
Also, I finally got around to buying my ticket for Halsey in March, so I'm excited for that as well.



CINEMATOGRAPHY

I watched Abduction, but not seriously, like ... more because there was nothing better on TV and I wanted to have a good laugh. But then I also watched The Orphanage, which was ... interesting. Good to brush up on my Spanish a little, but I think I'd already watched it once and completely forgot about it, I at least had major deja vu while watching it. Eh, I don't know, but it was an alright horror movie.
The highlight of the month, however, was definitely My Neighbor Totoro, which, yes, I had never seen before! I love Studio Ghibli and have seen most of their movies, but not that one. Now the only one missing is Princess Mononoke and I'm hoping I'll be able to get to that one soon.


DECEMBER TBR

• Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
• See How They Run (Embassy Row, #2) by Ally Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment