Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Recap


WHAT I READ

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
The Nightmare Charade (Arkwell Academy, #3) by Mindee Arnett
• The Immortal Heights (Elementals, #3) by Sherry Thomas
The Shining (The Shining, #1) by Stephen King
Walk on Earth a Stranger (Gold Seer, #1) by Rae Carson

5 books. Which is ... not as much as I'd hoped for. Yes, partly it was school's fault because I was immediately thrown under the bus with tons of homework and other projects I needed to finish and since it's time for the last sprint towards graduation, I really needed to sit my ass down and do this stuff right instead of half-assing it like I used to in the past. But I will also admit that whenever I did indeed have a free moment, I didn't always grab a book and read. Whatever. As my teacher said, I won't have any free time until these 4 months are over, and I have kind of come to terms with that fact.



PLAYLIST

1.) DANCE OF THE DEAD by SECRETS
“We struggle at best, but keep wanting more / You can't reach the top without feeling the floor / I've broken my bones, threw my seams out the door.”
2.) HEARTBREAK KIDS by SECRETS
“Just run / You've won, I'm broken, it's done / Is this, is this your idea of fun? / When dealing with the pro in breaking hearts / Just run.”
3.) DOUBT by TWENTY ONE PILOTS
“Temperature is dropping / I'm not sure if I can see this ever stopping / Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts / You are all that I've got.”
4.) DRIVE by HALSEY
“All we do is think about the feelings that we hide / All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign / Sick and full of pride / All we do is drive.”
5.) ALL YOU ARE IS HISTORY by STATE CHAMPS
“Talk like you're self-assured but all you are is history / Speak slow, I want you to know that / I'm a realist and an optimist / But I swear to you, I'm not getting over this.”
6.) AVALANCHE by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“I need a cure for me cause a square doesn't fit the circle / Give me a remedy cause when it hits, well it hits like an avalanche.”
7.) FOLLOW YOU by BRING ME THE HORIZON
“Come sink into me and let me breathe you in / I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen / So dig two graves 'cause when you die / I swear I'll be leaving by your side.”
8.) MONEY by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“Take my money, take my keys / Drive this car through the drive-thru, please / From the floor to the ceiling, grabbing and stealing.”
9.) DRAG ME DOWN by OUR LAST NIGHT (ft. MATTY MULLINS)
“I got fire for a heart / I'm not scared of the dark / You've never seen it look so easy / I got a river for a soul / And baby, you're a boat.”
10.) AROUND THE WORLD AND BACK by STATE CHAMPS
“When you believed in me, it brought us together / Everybody says that it won't last forever / Close your eyes, don't cut the ties, it makes sense.”
11.) VICTORIOUS by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
“I’m like a scarf trick, it’s all up the sleeve / I taste like magic, waves that swallow quick and deep / Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red.”

I absolutely loved Bring Me The Horizon's new record, That's The Spirit! So much so that I in fact immediately grabbed tickets for one of their upcoming shows in Germany in November, which means that I'll even get to see one of my favorite bands, which would be PVRIS, as well, since they're one of the supporting bands! I can't wait, it's honestly gonna be so amazing. 


CINEMATOGRAPHY

I finally got around to watching Saphirblau, which is a German movie and an adaptation of the book of the same name, better known as Sapphire Blue by English readers, by Kerstin Gier. And I liked it! It was very true to the book mostly, even though the first movie differentiated quite a bit from the book. The third one's not gonna be out till July next year, but I'm excited to see what they'll do with that one.
Next up, I watched a horror movie called It Follows, which was recommended to me by my boyfriend. It was creepy and strange alright, but it didn't blow me away. However, neither was it a bad movie or anything, it was an all around okay one. I'd recommend it too if you want to watch a decent horror movie, I guess.
Another movie I finally got around to watching would be Insurgent! I really liked it, and I loved how they adapted the events of the book to the big screen.


OCTOBER TBR

• Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2) by Sara Raasch
• Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
• Silber #3 by Kerstin Gier

So many new books in October. Seriously, so many. I can't even choose. And there's so much coming up in October! Exams, concerts, internships, ... well, we'll see whether I can finally manage to prioritize reading this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment