Sunday, July 5, 2015

June Recap

WHAT I READ

The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
On the Fence by Kasie West
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
Crash (The Game, #3) by Eve Silver
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
The Leveller (The Leveller, #1) by Julia Durango

7 books. Not as many as I would have liked and read in May, but then again, I was very productive this month over all. I went to Rome, to a biological excursion, watched some movies and stuff, read some books, listened to lots of music, all the while still being able to study for my exams. I'm pleased with that.



PLAYLIST

1.) TALKING BODY by TOVE LO
“Now if we're talking body / You got a perfect one, so put it on me / Swear it won't take you long / If you love me right / We fuck for life / On and on and on.”
2.) HOLD ME DOWN by HALSEY
“Selfish, taking what I want and call it mine / I'm helpless, clinging to a little bit of spine / They rush me, telling me I'm running out of time / They shush me, walking me across a fragile line.”
3.) COLOUR BLIND by YOUNG GUNS
“Yeah, the walls were built to keep us safe / To keep us out / We don't know how it ends, no / But this is how it starts tonight.”
4.) INFINITY by YOUNG GUNS
“It's easy to feel small when the world's so big / Like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit / Everybody's looking for something to show them how to live.”
5.) EMPTY SIGHS AND WINE by ISLES & GLACIERS
“Now let me tell you how these steps go / Step one, tell me what have I done / Step two, you better believe / Step three, you'll never be like me.”
6.) CLUSH by ISLES & GLACIERS
“So please allow me to introduce myself / I'm the one that you talk about / Imagine if you held me any tighter / It will be just as easy to leave me and let me go.”
7.) TRY HARD (LIVE @ NEWCASTLE SOUNDCHECK) by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER
“She's dropping out of school 'cause she don't need the grades / The colours in her hair don't seem to fade / I get dressed up when I go out, but she gets dressed down.”
8.) BETWEEN YOU AND EYE by THE COLOR MORALE
“No one is ever going to believe in yourself for you  / And every false belief that you think is true was put inside of you / Your imperfections make you perfect to me. ”
9.) GET ON YOUR KNEES by NICKI MINAJ feat. ARIANA GRANDE
“I don't need a dozen roses / You ain't gotta wine and dine me, no / I don't need a pretty poet / Gettin' all emotional / You gotta beg for it, beg for it.”
10.) CHANDELIER by PVRIS
“But I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down, won't open my eyes / Keep my glass full until morning light / 'Cause I'm just holding on for tonight.”



CINEMATOGRAPHY

So I watched Oculus this month. It was supposed to be a horror movie but wasn't really very scary or even exciting up until the last 40 minutes which was kind of disappointing. Nevertheless, it was an okay movie, I guess. It had Karen Gillan in it, so everything's fine.
I also watched The DUFF, and I have to say, I actually like the movie better than I did the book. Bianca and Wesley's relationship was pretty unhealthy and weird in the novel, not to mention that book!Wesley was an absolute fucking shitty douchebag, but the movie version of them was pretty cute. I mean, sure, that movie was so horribly random and cliché and just trying way too hard be to hip and cool, but I still enjoyed it.
Aaaaand then, of course, there's season 5 of none other than Teen Wolf! I'm not sure I'm still calling it my favorite TV show, but I was really excited for the premiere and so far, the two episodes have been pretty solid. I'm so curious about Theo, and oh my fucking God is it too early yet to say that Marrish is totally canon? Because it so totally is. Seriously.  I can't wait for more of this.


JULY TBR

• Heart of Betrayal (Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson

I have been thinking long and hard about just abolishing this section of the monthly recaps, especially since I'm mostly just listing books that release in that month that I am excited about and would like to read. But, eh, you know ... TBRs are just something that's part of the book life. So I'm guessing it stays, even if there is only one thing on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment