Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Recap

WHAT I READ

The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2) by Samantha Shannon
Fairest (Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) by Morgan Rhodes
The Conspiracy of Us (Conspiracy of Us, #1) by Maggie Hall
• Icicles Like Kindling (Snow Like Ashes, #0.5) by Sara Raasch
The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3) by Maureen Johnson
The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead
Faust I (Faust, #1) by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Othello by William Shakespeare
Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Mindee Arnett
Crushed (Soul Eater, #2) by Eliza Crewe
Forsaken (Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver
Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2) by Megan Shepherd
A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3) by Megan Shepherd
Fifty Shames of Earl Grey by Andrew Shaffer

14 books, plus one novella! That is progress, my friends. Very excited about that prospect, and I'm hoping to keep it up! :)



PLAYLIST

1.) GEORGIA by TYLER CARTER
“Everything we had is faded, love / The memories ain't good enough / To take my mind off what we lost / So I'm stuck here sipping these codeine cups.”
2.) UMA THURMAN by FALL OUT BOY
“She wants to dance like Uma Thurman / Bury me till I confess / She wants to dance like Uma Thurman / And I can’t get you out of my head.”
3.) LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO by ELLIE GOULDING
“I'll let you set the pace / 'Cause I'm not thinking straight / My head's spinning around / I can't see clear no more / What are you waiting for?”
4.) FIREPROOF by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“If the brightest dark can light the sky forever / How could you ever think you were invincible? / You lit the fuse so that I burned too / But you're playing with a heart that's fireproof.”
5.) I DON'T CARE by FALL OUT BOY
“Say my name and his in the same breath / I dare you to say they taste the same / Take a chance, let your body get a tolerance / The best of us can find happiness in misery.”
6.) MANNEQUIN RELIGION by WOE, IS ME
“And everybody says, you're just like me / I begin to lift up my own flaws, to better you / But I had a feeling this lie would go insane  / I should stab this vengeance through your name.”
7.) SPEAKING IN TONGUES by YOUNG GUNS
“I guess I / Thought we were indivisible / Remember when / The distance wasn't insurmountable?”
8.) THE YOUNG AND BEYOND RECKLESS by SLAVES (feat. TYLER CARTER)
“Don't you know I'm sick of this bullshit / It's like I'm stuck in the ocean / Take it away to the open / Give it a day I'll be hoping for someone to rescue me.”

Another month of me worshipping everything Tyler Carter, be it Issues or Woe, Is Me, although I have to say the focus was more on the latter this time. I also bought tickets for Fall Out Boy in October this month! So damn excited, and I am seriously hoping that they get Issues as their support act for that gig. How awesome would that be? If that happens, I'd get to see all four of my all time favorite bands in a single year! Pleeeeaaaasee let it happen, O Powers That Be.



CINEMATOGRAPHY

And so The 100 continues on. I am quite enjoying it actually, it's still nowhere near getting to be one of my favorite shows, but I have definitely come to appreciate it that much more than before. I'm almost sad that the season is over soon.



MARCH TBR

• Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles, #2) by Lauren DeStefano
• Catalyst (Control, #2) by Lydia Kang

As always, keeping it light. There are a couple of other books releasing in March I have my eye on, but none I'm sure I really am going to want to read besides these two, so I'm keeping it narrowed down to them. We'll see what else is going to be on my plate, but I'm slowly digging myself out of my reading slump, bit by bit, so I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment