Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Recap

WHAT I READ

Ruin & Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo
Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume (Silber, #2) by Kerstin Gier
The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1) by Lindsay Cummings
• The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson
• The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2) by Maureen Johnson
• The Poison Eaters and Other Stories by Holly Black
Of Poseidon (Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks
• Of Triton (Syrena Legacy, #2) by Anna Banks
Of Neptune (Syrena Legacy, #3) by Anna Banks
Push (The Game, #2) by Eve Silver
Let The Storm Break (Sky Fall, #2) by Shannon Messenger
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1) by Anne Blankman
Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser
Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles, #1) by Sophie Jordan
Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem, #1) by A. J. Myers
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
• The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
Just One Day (Just One Day, #1) by Gayle Forman

So in all, I get up to 22 books, which is REALLY neat especially considering I only had time to read two books during the first week and didn't really read a lot for the last 3-4 days, either. I think in that department, June was a really good month, and that even though I was still writing exams and studying for those as well (at least, I studied a little!). Anyways, my summer vacation starts at the end of July (28th, to be exact), so I won't be able to just power through every day reading like I did last July, but I think I'll still be able to get good reading time in. :)


PLAYLIST

1.) COMEBACK KID by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“It’s gonna take a whole lot more than that to ever bring me down / What you broke down I’ll build back up, ‘cause I don’t need you anymore / I'm done waiting.”
2.) BROKENHEARTED by KARMIN
“Uh oh, I can't seem to let you go / See, I've been waiting all day / For you to call me baby / So can we finish what we started / Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight.”
3.) FREAKIN' ME OUT by THE READY SET
“We were talkin' till dawn / Like that you had me down for the count / Never thought you'd make a move / Out of the blue / I love the way you're freakin' me out.”
4.) SOMEBODY TO YOU (feat. DEMI LOVATO) by THE VAMPS
“Everybody's trying to be a billionaire / But every time I look at you I just don't care / 'Cause all I wanna be, yeah all I ever wanna be / Is somebody to you.”
5.) VERTIGO (feat. JORDIN SPARKS) by JASON DERULO
“So if I'm dreaming please don't wake me up / If all of this is happening in my head / Waited for so long / But what you got is different / Had me so addicted from the start.”
6.) MAPS by MAROON 5
“But I wonder where were you / When I was at my worst / Down on my knees / And you said you had my back / So I wonder where were you / All the roads you took came back to me.”
7.) BLOODSTREAM by ED SHEERAN
“I've been looking for a lover / Thought I'd find her in a bottle / Oh, no, no, don't leave me alone lonely now / If you loved me how'd you never learn?”
8.) FEMALE ROBBERY by THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
“I think I found hell / I think I found something / I think I found something in my TV screen / I think I found out that I have nothing / That I have nothing in this place for me. ”

It was a very ... mainstream month for me. I didn't listen to a lot of my usual genre (punk rock/pop punk) at all actually, which is a little embarrassing but eh. Whatever. I listen to what I want. Ed Sheeran's new album X was especially a highlight of the month. I liked Ed Sheeran's music before, but I never really got it, you know? I did with his new album, though, which made me quite happy. Lana del Rey's new album, Ultraviolence, despite the ultra cool name however, kinda fell through for me. But then again, her music has never really been for me, either.


CINEMATOGRAPHY

Game of Thrones season 4 came to an end early this month and the wait for the new season begins yet again. Sigh. It was a really great season if you ask me, save for a few exceptions (I think we all know what those are...), but all in all, they did a great job at portraying everything and the actors are simply phenomenal.
Teen Wolf is back too, with season 4 as well. You know that I have been a little hesitant about the new season, for various reasons, and while it does feel different somehow, it's still nice enough. Like, it lost my whole-hearted affection and love for it, because it's just not the same without all these characters I love so much, but it's still a really good show. The only thing I don't like is Stiles/Malia, but not because I'm so anti-change, or don't like Malia or anything, but come on — their relationship wasn't developed at all. Seriously, there hasn't been anything on them, and I have trouble grasping why they would even want to be with each other in the first place: What ties them together? What do they have in common? I don't know, man. Stydia all the way, sorry.
My biggest "watching" project this month was probably the Avatar series however, with me binge watching it (literally) during the last days of June, which was why I didn't have much time for reading then. Anyways, I rewatched season 3 of The Last Airbender, so I could start with an updated memory with The Legend of Korra straightaway. I've been toying with the idea of dedicating an entire blog post to my thoughts about them, but I don't know about that yet, so here's a few things off the top of the list: I like Korra, even though it does feel very different from TLA, Zutara is still my OTP even after all these years (yeah, 11-year-old me had style), I have a love/hate relationship with Makorra, Korra herself can be a real brat sometimes, I acknowledge that; however, I do understand why she acts that way and thus, I do kind of like her too, while I did not, and have never, liked Aang that much. Nonetheless, Pabu is and remains my favorite character in Korra, because he is adorable. Bolin is a poor excuse of a Sokka, but I will admit he's gotten better (and funnier) during the last few episodes, and I'm really starting to warm up to him (maybe because of Pabu? Who knows). Jinora rocks, Tenzin and the rest of the airbender family are SO CUTE, especially Meelo and Poki, but the storylines thus far felt kinda really random. I'm excited to see how season 3's gonna go though, especially since ZUKO is finally making an appearance! Yay! I just want old!Zuko and old!Katara to meet. Please?


JULY TBR

• The Kiss of Deception (Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson
• Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1) by Livia Blackburne
• Dissonance (Dissonance, #1) by Erica O'Rourke
• Four (Divergent, #0.5) by Veronica Roth

I don't know how Amazon is going to be with shipping yet again, but I'll do my best to get all of these as soon as I can, and read them as soon as I can. All of these (with the exception of Four) are new books, firsts in a new series, no sequels of books I already love, so I'm really excited to see what I'll think about them. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment