Saturday, May 31, 2014

May Recap

WHAT I READ

The Lovely and The Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan ✓
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl ✓
Altered (Altered, #1) by Jennifer Rush
• Erased (Altered, #2) by Jennifer Rush
The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon
The Taking (The Taking, #1) by Kimberly Derting
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry
• Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
• The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass
• Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot
The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
• Marco's Story (The Dispossessed, #1.5) by Page Morgan
• My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum
Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes
Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes
Untold (Lynburn Legacy, #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan
Partials (Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells
Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2) by Dan Wells
Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3) by Dan Wells
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare
Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige

I actually didn't participate in the Bout of Books read-a-thon this month, but I did read as much as I could throughout the whole month, which is why I managed to read a grand total of 24 books, plus one novella. I'm extremely happy with that, I think I really caught up with my reading plans this month, especially since I haven't been able to read that much the last two months. As always, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up. The whole reason I was able to claw my way out of my reading slump and was so pumped to read as much as I did this month was probably all thanks to Altered, though, so a special mention to that one here. If I hadn't enjoyed it as much as I did and flewn through it, I don't think I would have been quite as motivated.

PLAYLIST

1.) MOON by THE CAB
“More satellites than shooting stars, they're all around / Yeah, their broken hearts on the boulevard / You know the world will leave you scarred and let you down.”
2.) BIRTHDAY by KATY PERRY
“I know you like it sweet / So you can have your cake / Give you something good to celebrate.”
3.) UNDO by SANNA NIELSEN
“Silent, I can't wait here silent / Working up a storm inside my head / Undo myself / Undo what hurts so bad.
4.) XO by BEYONCÉ
In the darkest night, oh / I search through the crowd / Your face is all that I see / I'll give you everything / Baby, love me lights out.”
5.) BLOODSPORT by RITCHIE RALEIGH
If I fall short / If I break rank / It's a bloodsport / But I understand / I am all yours / It's not what I'm in love for, I know / But I don't know if you can help it / Baby, I'm just being selfish.”
6.) INFINITY by AGAINST THE CURRENT
“Things don’t last when you’re young 'cause / All you get is just one chance to / Break away and beat the odds / All along it’s been a race against the clock.”
7.) TELL MY MAMA by CHRISTINA GRIMMIE
“Boy, I know you're dangerous / You're not the one / I'm supposed to love / But this is more than just a crush, tonight / So I'm gonna tell my mama 'bout ya.”
8.) LOVE IS A SUICIDE by NATALIA KILLS
“Am I the epitome / Of everything you hate and you desire? / You love me like an enemy / You can run, you can hide / But sooner or later / It's gonna cut like a knife.”

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Once Upon A Time came to an end, although it was a bit ... I don't know, not quite satisfying. After episode 20 ended, I thought it was all wrapped up nicely, but then this one thing happened and my overall reaction was more of a "What? No... oh, come on, really?", it just came so out of the blue and felt like an unnecessary episode filler. The final minutes did pique my interest again though, I'm very excited to see where season 4 will be headed. Orphan Black, however, continues on, I have to say that I'm not enjoying it that much as of right now. It's still alright, but so far, I like season 1 better. On the contrary, Game of Thrones season 4 is absolutely awesome. I mean, I know what happens — I've read the book — but I'm still really excited for the new episode every week.
Next, Eurovision Song Contest was this month! On my father's birthday actually, 10th of May, and as every year, I watched it and I thought it was really well done this year. There was a wide variety of genres and songs, although I will say that there were quite a lot of ballads; nevertheless, I really enjoyed a few songs (as you can obviously see if you take a look at my playlist), and I am SO happy that Conchita Wurst won. I am so damn proud to be European, this just showed how tolerant we are. (If you don't know: Conchita is a drag queen, and she's a man who performed in a golden gown but refuses to shave off her/his beard. She's awesome. She was Austria's entry and you could really see how much this victory meant for her.)
Finally, I then started watching The 100 in the middle of May, because I was seeing so many gif sets of it on my Tumblr dash and usually, if I see something a million times on my dash and think it's interesting, and then see it's actually not that many episodes, I'm all for it. So yeah, within three days, I caught up just in time to be able to watch the next episode as soon as it came out. It's alright, but not that great. I contemplated reading the book before starting to watch the show, but I have read reviews and seen the ratings, which weren't the best, so I decided to stick to the TV show. If I liked it, I would still be able to read the book and honestly, I'm kind of glad I did because I don't think I would have enjoyed the book that much.

JUNE TBR

• Ruin & Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo
• Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume (Silber, #2) by Kerstin Gier
• The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex, #1) by Lindsay Cummings

I'm going to be on vacation for the first week, starting from Sunday up until Saturday, so I'm not going to be able to get much reading done in that week, obviously. Anyways, I only have four more exams to be written in June, in the two weeks following my vacation, so I'll be done with that soon as well. I'm hoping to still get a lot of reading done, especially since I'm counting on not having to study that much for what's still to come, which would be Latin, history, biology and English. I don't need to study for the two languages, bio shouldn't be too much to study either since it's all really easy if you paid attention in class, and history is just having to memorize a couple dates. Should be alright. I know there's, again, lots of new releases coming up but I'll see whether I'll be in the mood to read them or not as they come out. So, there is a chance I might read Push (The Game, #2) by Eve Silver, Wings (Black City, #3) by Elizabeth Richards, or In the End (In the After, #2) by Demetria Lunetta as well, but ... we'll see. I will, however, be bringing four books with me to France, although I'm hesitant to actually put them on my TBR, I don't know why, but I do — anyways, those are The Name of the Star & The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #1 & #2) by Maureen Johnson, as well as Paradise Lost by John Milton and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

No comments:

Post a Comment