Sunday, May 11, 2014

Book Meme - 7 Deadly Sins


GREED: What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?

My most expensive book... excellent question. I think that has to be the Complete Collection of all the 7 Chronicles of Narnia books by C. S. Lewis, which cost me about 20€? The other book that came to mind on the spot would be Vicious by Victoria Schwab, which, at the time I bought it, cost about 18€ on Amazon and a lot of other sites but I'm pretty sure I bought it on The Book Depository when it was for sale for about 14€? I know I definitely did not buy it for 18, because that's where I drew the line and I lusted after it for so long seeing as I couldn't buy it yet because it was too expensive but I really wanted to read it!

The most inexpensive... well, can I just go with all of my kindle books here? Especially the classics, like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, or The Odyssey by Homer, which cost nothing. Literally, they're for free on kindle. Otherwise, I'll have to go with my paperback copy of Reckless by Cornelia Funke, because I've lost my hardcover copy and I was too cheap to replace it, so I bought a paperback that was on sale for 3€.

WRATH: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?

Hmmm, maybe Kimberly Derting? Because, as I've pointed out a couple times, so far I've read both good books and bad books by her. But maybe also Tahereh Mafi, because I don't like her Shatter Me series a lot, I'm only invested in the characters and their relationships, but I think Tahereh as a person is awesome, and I like her very, very much.

GLUTTONY: What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame whatsoever?

I don't want to feel shame over anything I've read, but I am probably guilty as charged of enjoying a lot of books that don't have the best reputation overall... I'm currently searching for one, but I'm coming up empty. Humph... maybe the Beautiful Creatures series by Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia. I didn't devour these books exactly, but I did read them pretty quickly and I did enjoy them more or less, even though I know many people don't like them. Ahh, but I don't read them over and over. Maybe I'll just go with The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa here, my favorite series ever that I re-read every year, usually during the Summer holidays, and I'll admit that gladly.

SLOTH: What book have you neglected to read due to laziness?

The book I took longest to read so far has to be Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout, definitely. I took almost 5 months to finish it, because I just did not like it at all and dreaded picking it up. I had to force myself to read it, and so it rotted away on my nightstand until one day I forced myself to just push myself through and finish it already.
Otherwise, I have neglected Looking For Alaska by John Green too, this book had been sitting on my shelf for over a year until I finally read it in April.

PRIDE: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like a very intellectual reader?

I don't think I ever really read a book with the intention of getting the privilege to boast about it later, but I do pride myself on having read some of the classics, like Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, or Shakespeare, because I usually have to talk myself into starting these. I have so many classics already bought and waiting to be read, but somehow, it's difficult for me to get started on these. It's not even that I don't like them, I love Shakespeare so much and I enjoyed all the classics I have read so far, but something's always holding me back.

LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in male or female characters?

Well, my ideal guy has dark hair and blue eyes (whether light or dark blue doesn't matter), so anyone who matches that description is instantly in my good graces. Besides that, I also like those guys that have a kind of ... how do I say this? 'Dangerous' aura? I'm not sure that's the right way to describe it, I simply like it when a guy has something that makes him more enticing and intriguing. Just.. something. At least, in books, don't get me wrong — I would never go for a boy like that in real life, to be honest. But that's the good thing about fiction, for a moment, we can just pretend, right?

ENVY: What books would you most like to receive as a gift?

I don't get a lot of books gifted, sadly, because no one in my family or my friends ever thinks of gifting me books even though they all know perfectly well that I'm a reader. They probably don't know which book to get me though, so... there is one family member though, and that's my godmother, that always gets me books for Christmas at least. Usually, she has excellent taste, so far I've enjoyed every book she has gotten me with only one exception, so I'm curious what she'll get me this year. I'm sure I'll like that one too, so I'm not expecting anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment