Friday, May 30, 2014

Book Haul (#4)


I have kept putting off writing a book haul post, because I kept ordering more and more books and I was always like "Nah, when that order arrives, I'm gonna do it ... ah, no, let's wait for that book, too. Let's wait..." but I can delay no further. Or rather, I don't want to. There are still books out there I'm waiting for, but they'll just have to be included in my next book haul then. If I remember them, anyways, since I'm sure I have also missed a few for this haul.

But, let's start. I have a few books to show. You will have seen lots of these around already, since I have done a great job this month of actually keeping ahead of my book buys, reading some of the books I bought instantly as soon as I bought them, which is nice, I guess.


I'll start off with the paperbacks here, since there's a considerably smaller amount of them.

So first, I got two box sets: J. R. R. Tolkien's works, I'm sure you're familiar with them: The Hobbit and all three books of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Next up, I got Jenny Han's The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy, with sequels It's Not Summer Without You and We'll Always Have Summer. I'm looking forward to reading these some time in July maybe, a quick and fluffy contemporary read. And then, we have six more, two of which I have already read:


• My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, now my second favorite contemporary novel ever
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
• Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu
• Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien
• The Name of The Star (Shades of London, #1) by Maureen Johnson
• The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2) by Maureen Johnson

Next up, the tall books, all of which I have read and reviewed already:

Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes
Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2) by Morgan Rhodes
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)


• Of Triton (Syrena Legacy, #2) by Anna Banks
The Lovely and The Lost (The Dispossessed, #2) by Page Morgan
Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2) by Dan Wells
Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3) by Dan Wells
• Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs
• The Circle (Engelsfors, #1) by Mats Strandberg & Sara B. Elfgren


• Defiance (Courier's Daughter, #1) by C. J. Redwine
• Mila 2.0: Renegade (Mila 2.0, #2) by Debra Driza
• After the End (After the End, #1) by Amy Plum
• Dangerous Creatures (Caster Chronicles Spin-Off, #1) by Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia, which was not as good as I'd hoped it'd be...
• Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige

So. Yeah. But ... did you think that was it already? Oh no, silly. Hardly. In fact, I went absolutely batshit crazy and bought every e-book that sounded, or looked YES I ADMIT IT, even the least bit interesting. Plus, I still have, like I said, lots of books I'm waiting for to show up in the mail ... but anyway, yeah, about those e-books. I got:

Untold (Lynburn Legacy, #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan
The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon
• Abandon (Abandon, #1) by Meg Cabot
• Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem, #1) by A. J. Myers
• New England Witch Chronicles (NEWC, #1) by Chelsea Bellingeri
• Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) by Kelley Armstrong
• Daughter of Chaos (Red Magic, #1) by Jen McConnel
• Talented (Talented, #1) by Sophie Davis
• See Me by Wendy Higgins
• Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira
• Foreplay (Ivy Chronicles, #1) by Sophie Jordan
• Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1) by Alyssa & Eileen Kirk
• Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
• Wonder by R. J. Palacio
• Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver
• Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray

What was that? You didn't believe me that I went totally bonkers? Well, there you are! Seriously, I instantly bought everything that was 2 or 3€ and appealed to me in the slightest. I'll probably end up not reading at least half of these, ugh. Sometimes I hate myself ... and it's not like you can sell e-books and get the money back or anything. I hate that 1-Click option, it is ruining me. I'm sure that is exactly what Amazon intends with that handy button, but my wallet is not amused.

Anyway, that's it. So far, I guess. I am really trying to restrain myself from buying too much in June, this month has seriously had disastrous consequences for my bank account which I'll have to even out next month, so... no shopping sprees again. Not for clothes, and certainly not for books. It's going to be a long, long June. Hopefully I'm gonna get some birthday money, though. I know that's horrible to think, but sorry! I'm a teenager, what else am I supposed to think about on my birthday but which presents I'm gonna get? Anyway, I'm turning seventeen, on June 4th, but I don't know, I ... am not even excited for my birthday. And that's really sad, and horrible, and it breaks my heart. I'll be on my vacation then, and I'll be surrounded by all these people that are going to have to congratulate me, and people are going to be like "Oh, it's your birthday? I didn't even know!" and I will hate it. And we will be at the beach, where I'll just end up rotting away on my towel, since I have absolutely no intention of going swimming whatsoever, and reading a book. Greatest birthday ever. Maybe I would look forward to it, if I were able to spend it with people I actually like, not be forced to wither away in the sun on a beach in France. Oh, well.

Stay safe!
Love, Alexa.

No comments:

Post a Comment