Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Chocolate Book TAG

Right, so since it's Easter and there's gonna be lots and lots of chocolate today, at least for me, I decided to do the Chocolate Book Tag! I got the idea off of Regan, and it was originally created by A Daydreamer's Ramblings. And it is about, yup, you guessed it, books and chocolate. Two of the best things this Earth has to offer. So let's get started on the questions!

Dark Chocolate -- A book that covers a dark topic (abuse, domestic violence, rape, bullying, death, etc)
To be honest, there are some dark books that immediately come to mind when I hear the term "dark book", such as The Immortal Rules, but I think the one that I would go to for this one is the A Song of Ice and Fire books by George R. R. Martin. You can discover basically all of the above mentioned in these books, and I find it fitting seeing as Season 4 is currently airing and, you know, Oberyn Martell is trying to get justice and retribution for his sister's rape and murder, as well as that of her children. So ... yeah.

White Chocolate -- Your favourite light-hearted/humourous read
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, definitely. I have yet to come across a contemporary that I like half as much, not to mention even better than this one.

Milk Chocolate -- A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.
Half Bad by Sally Green. Everyone's (mostly) raving about this book and I have yet to buy it, let alone read it. But there's still so many books to read ungghh.

Chocolate with a caramel center -- Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it
Uhh, hmmm. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier actually made me feel the butterflies Gwen was feeling herself. You know, typing this, I realize that it's been a long, long time since that happened, since a romance affected me so much I myself felt butterflies. Damn.

Wafer-free Kit-Kat -- Name a book that surprised you lately.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Obviously. 

Snickers -- A book that you are going nuts about
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I just want the damned next book already, alright?! 

Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows -- What book would you turn to for a comfort read?
Well, all of the ones that I loved and whose characters I absolutely love. For the purposes of actually answering, I'm gonna go with Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (again: I would love to have the final book already, just so you know ...)

Box of chocolates -- What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone
Oh, man. This is a really tough one right here. I think I will go with the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer here, because it has a really nice, well developed dystopian/sci-fi and futuristic world that fantasy fans will love, it has romance, it has kickass characters, it has race variety, it has ... everything. If you haven't read that series yet, do it ASAP.

What's your favorite type of chocolate? Mine is white chocolate to be honest, even if it is the "worst" one in terms of calories and stuff. Just can't help it, though. I also really love the other two types of chocolate too, though, basically, I love everything chocolate-y. Except for choco fruits. Like, those bananas and strawberries and what not covered in chocolate? They usually sell them at carnivals and fairs. I don't know why, but I never particularly liked those. Otherwise, though ... in Germany, there's this company called Ritter Sport, I'm sure you've heard of them, and they make these chocolate squares in tons of different flavours and I literally love all of them. My favorites are Knusperkeks and Knusperflakes, which is chocolate with cornflakes and cookie crumbs, as well as Traube Nuss, which is chocolate with grapes. Sounds delicious? Well, it is! If you can, you should definitely check out if you can't get your hands on anything Ritter Sport.
Also, I love white chocolate macadamia cookies. You know the ones, from Subway? Well, I usually bake them myself actually, and they simply taste divine. I could eat those forever. Ugh, I REALLY REALLY just love chocolate.

And on that note I'm gonna stop here, Happy Easter everyone, I'm hope you're having a nice, peaceful sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment