Friday, February 28, 2014

February Recap



TBR CHECK

• The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab 
• Into The Still Blue (Under The Never Sky, #3) by Veronica Rossi 
Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi 
Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer 
Uninvited (Uninvited, #1) by Sophie Jordan 
Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty, #1) by Rosamund Hodge 

I actually finished my TBR within the first ten days of the month. So that left me some time to read some additional books, because I was wrong. Exam time didn't start this month, it'll start next one. So, I just read as much as I could, basically.

ADDITIONAL

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1) by Megan Shepherd
• The Little Android (Lunar Chronicles, #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
A Breath of Frost (Lovegrove Legacy, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey
In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
Pawn (Blackcoat Rebellion, #1) by Aimée Carter
• A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman
• Renegade (Elysium Chronicles, #1) by J. A. Souders

So, all in all I'm at 15 books in the end, plus one novella, which is ... not too shabby, by all means, but could have been better. By the end of the month, due to personal reasons, I fell into kind of a reading slump I'm still trying to get out of, with little luck because the one I'm currently reading, Unraveling, doesn't help matters too much. Whatever, I'm hoping the new releases in March are going to pick me up again.

PLAYLIST

1.) POISON by ALL TIME LOW
“I've got a watch but I don't have time / I've got a road and it leads to decadence / But a dead end sign waits down the line / I leave my footprints for the evidence.”
2.) ONE by CRYSTAL KAY
“You are the one / kakegae nai tomodachi de / sore ijō no sonzai de / mae o muku chikara wo sotto kureru / kimi ga suki da yo.”
3.) I WANT IT ALL by KARMIN
“I got the feeling down deep inside / Got the feeling I can't deny / Got the feeling that makes me high / Only thing is, baby, I want it all.”
4.) THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE by BASTILLE
“These are the things / the things we lost / the things we lost in the fire, fire, fire.”
5.) HOLY GRAIL by JAY-Z & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
“You get the air out my lungs whenever you need it / And you take the blade right out my heart just so you can watch me bleed / And I still don’t know why / Why I love you so much.”
6.) BREATH by BREAKING BENJAMIN
“You take the breath right out of me / You left a hole where my heart should be / You got to fight just to make it through / 'cause I will be the death of you.”
7.) THE END by SILVERSTEIN (FEAT. LIGHTS)
“I knew you could never love me / But can I still keep / A place in your heart?”
8.) LOVE BACK by ARTIST vs POET
“'Cause I'm lost in a picture of you / thinking about what I'm gonna do / without you here by my side / gotta find my way back to you.”
9.) HAPPY NEVER AFTER by MEGAN & LIZ
“I thought we'd always be happy, happy / I thought you'd always be good for me / Guess I was wrong / Guess you'll always be my happy, happy, happy never after.”

CINEMATOGRAPHY

Teen Wolf Season 3b still going strong. Still knocking me out of my seat with its brilliance every single Monday.
I also finally got around to watching Catching Fire this month! It took me way too long and I was spoiled for the whole movie through Tumblr basically, but I still quite liked it. It was like the book to a T, which made it a little boring at some points but also really nice overall, because it's always good to see that they didn't fuck things up like with Percy Jackson again.
I enjoy watching Germany's Next Topmodel every Thursday as well, because YES, it's my guilty pleasure. I'm sorry. But I simply love watching it every year, it's the only "stupid" casting show I ever watch, I swear.
Aaannd then, I started watching My Mad Fat Diary at the end of February, and I finished watching season 1 in one night, although admittedly, it's only six episodes, so ... but yeah, I did like it, not as much as other TV shows, but it's still nice.

MARCH

I'll have to see about March, since I'm going to be spending a lot of time studying for exams again as I already mentioned, and then there's my reading slump. So, my TBR is going to be very little, simply because I don't want to focus on too many books, I just want to pick something up if I feel like it.

• Panic by Lauren Oliver
• The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski
• Shattered (Slated, #3) by Teri Terry

Love <3

2 comments: