Friday, July 19, 2013

San Diego Comic Con 2013: Divergent News!

Last Night, there have been some new from SDCC about Divergent, the movie as well as the final book in the trilogy, Allegiant, which I am very excited to talk about!


So, about Allegiant, Veronica Roth announced that the book will be told from both Four's and Tris's perspectives! We will be getting a look into Four's head, his feelings, his motivations. I cannot tell you how excited I am for this. I do admit that I am a bit anxious as well, because I don't know if Veronica is going to be able to pull this off well enough, I fear that, maybe, the POVs are going to sound the same and it's going to ruin the magic. That maybe Four's POV is just going to be uncomfortable. But, I guess, angsting about all of that isn't helping and I can only have faith and believe in Veronica to do this right. I'm eager to see the results and get to read Allegiant already, though.

About the movie, it's going to be released on March 21st 2014 in theatre and on iMax. There have been numerous Interviews with the Cast, especially with actress Shailene Woodley, who plays Tris in the movie, actor Theo James, who plays Four, Neil Burger, the director and Veronica Roth, the author.

I've compiled a list of all the interviews I could find up until now, and I'll try to update it as best as I can. If you find something that I don't have on my list yet, feel free to comment the link.

DivergentFans.com Interview with Ansel Elgort (Caleb), Maggie Q (Tori), Mekhi Phifer (Max) & Ben Lamb (Edward)
Movies.com Interview with Shailene Woodley (Tris) & Theo James (Four)
Entertainment Weekly Interview with Shailene Woodley (Tris), Theo James (Four), Neil Burger (director) & Veronica Roth (author)
• Entertainment Weekly Interview with Ansel Elgort (Caleb), Maggie Q (Tori), Mekhi Phifer (Max) & Ben Lamb (Edward)
Shots of the Divergent Cast at the Divergent Comic-Con Panel on JustJared.com
The first movie footage ever shown 
ClevverTV Interview with Veronica Roth (author)
IGN.com Interview with Neil Burger (director) & Veronica Roth (author)
SDCC Divergent Panel with Shailene Woodley (Tris), Theo James (Four), Neil Burger (director) & Veronica Roth (author)
MTV Interview with Shailene Woodley (Tris), Theo James (Four), Neil Burger (director) & Veronica Roth (author)
MTV Interview with Ansel Elgort (Caleb), Maggie Q (Tori), Mekhi Phifer (Max) & Ben Lamb (Edward)
MTV Interview with Miles Teller (Peter), Amy Newbold (Molly), Ben Lloyd-Hughes (Will), Christian Madsen (Al), and Zoe Kravitz (Christina)
TheHollywoodReporter Interview with Shailene Woodley (Tris), Theo James (Four), Neil Burger (director) & Veronica Roth (author)

That's a lot of new stuff! I am very excited. Personally, I stayed up very late into the night to experience it all as best I could, since I wasn't there at Comic Con, sadly. If you want, you can check out DivergentFans.com's Tweets, that have been very helpful in following everything that's been going on, plus, they posted a lot of pictures and quotes! Be sure to check them out.

During the Panel, #Divergent was even the #1 worldwide trend!
















With love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment