Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White

Endlessly


Author: Kiersten White
Release: July 24th 2012
Genre: Supernatural, YA
#3 in the Paranormalcy trilogy
Series: Paranormalcy (#1), Supernaturally (#2)



Plot:

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.

Review:

Luckily, I have been given a satisfying end to this series. I'm glad.

While still not being one of my favorites (that train has long since left), it wasn't nearly as bad as Supernaturally. The pace was still a little dragging, but there was a storyline that ran over the course of the whole book. There was a purpose in here, something to do, and it made it all bearable.

Character wise, not much improvement. Reth got better and I think he's probably my favorite character by now, since he's the only one who has at least a little development. I liked him. Evelyn is a mess during the novel, I had the urge to strangle her for the whole 385 pages of the book. Lend is still flat, other characters don't even stand out, not Jack, not Carlee, Raquel, David and who not. I did like Vivian though.

Furthermore, some things didn't add up, or were just ... not good. Reth is a Seelie faerie, but he has Winter/Unseelie glamour? How can that be? And he lies to the Dark Queen, even though faeries cannot lie. I think someone didn't do their faerie research when writing this novel. Then, there were quotes that just destroyed characters:

“He turned his head ever so briefly in my direction, smiled, and then ran on dancing feet to join the rest of his brothers and sisters.”

I just.. What? Ran on dancing feet? How could you do that? That poor Reth boy, jesus.

Endlessly was allso very anti-climactic by the way, I found myself tiring of it and sighing every once in a while. No, scratch that, pretty much the whole time. Sorry... not sorry.

Still, better than Supernaturally, like I said. And an okay book, at least for this series. I am satisfied enough, but even more glad that I'm done with this for good. Farewell, Paranormalcy world, the next time we meet will be much too soon.

I did like White's writing style, though, so I think I'll check out some of her other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment