Monday, July 22, 2013

BookTube-A-Thon Wrap-Up!

Okay, so the week is over and so is the BookTube-A-Thon, and I thought it might be worth posting an update for, since YES, I did participate. If you participated as well, you can take the time and fill out this survey for Raeleen and Ariel. :)


Okay, so I read a staggering amount of 14 books. I admit, I skimmed through some of them and had already begun and read about 50 pages of two of them, but I never outright skipped any pages. I think this is a huuuge amount and I'm quite proud of myself. :) I didn't have any specific books planned from the beginning, it was easier to just decide what to read next on the go, going after what I felt like reading.

I completed the following challenges:

1) read an average of 300 pages a day
2) read a book with over 500 pages
3) re-read one book (The Iron Fey)
4) finish a series/trilogy (The Chemical Garden)
5) read a book that's been on your shelf forever
6) listen to an audiobook
7) read a classic (A Midsummer Night's Dream)

I didn't really aim for any challenges either, so I was really surprised to see that I actually managed to complete some! Yay. :)

My page count is quite enormous as well, but I subtracted everything that would have been cheating and I came to ... 4920 pages! I'm really astounded myself. Wow. And it's an even number, which is cool. ^_^

Sooo, my reads this week have been:

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, Wither, Fever and Sever by Lauren DeStefano, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, Born Wicked and Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood, Paranormalcy, Supernaturally and Endlessly by Kiersten White, A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare and The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa.

It was a great week and I'm looking forward to the BookTube-A-Thon next year. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment